Saturday, August 1, 2009

The first day of the rest of my life.



Well the day had finally come. I was going home with my forever family. My foster parents and my foster bro Dinky brought me to Mackinaw City (see picture) on Wednesday in preparation to meet my forever family on Thursday morning. We had a fun trip in the car. I'm still making progress everyday and on the trip there I jumped up into dad's lap from the back seat - something I've never done before. Then, on Thursday morning, I crawled under the covers with foster mom and snuggled up real close to her. The first time I've done that too!

Don and Norine (plus their Chi hua hua Princess Sophie) were very excited to meet me the next morning. I really liked them and I didn't seem afraid of them at all. I let them pick me up without cowering or peeing. I've come so far that strangers can approach me, pick me up, and hug me without being afraid. They had a nice comfy crate for me for the ride home. They told foster mom later that I did very well on the way home. I pottied at the rest stop and ate all of dinner in the car. I'm already bonding with Sophie and I know her and I will get along wonderfully.

This is my last blog entry as today is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm leaving the life of a foster dog to be Don and Norine's iggy. Thank you and good bye foster family! I love you all and I hope we can see each other again some time.

No comments: