Monday, January 19, 2009

Update! - Almost 2 months in rescue.

Yup...it's been almost two months since I was rescued from the puppy mill. The 24th will be the actual anniversary. So much has gone on that I couldn't wait to blog. First of all I'm continuing to make progress. I come when called now, I can follow directions like when it's time to go in my crate for bed or if it's time to eat, and I will actually walk up and smell the people. I've been starting to play some as well. I will chase my foster brothers around a little bit. Dinky is always trying to be a little "amorous" with me and I have to chase him away. He doesn't know that I'm so done with that. I'm all done with boys now that I'm out of the mill. Dinky and Sid pick on me a little so I have to stand up for myself. They aren't mean - they just want me to play. My potty habits continue to be O.K. I will potty outside when I'm brought outside and I will use my piddle pad very reliably. I don't potty in my crate anymore. I'm liking my foster parents more and I won't always run when they come by me. I know it's a little thing but I'll let them lay by me and pet me. I still will not take a treat from their hands though.

I have a new foster sister - Zoe. Zoe is a 6 year old female that was surrendered one week ago. She was brought to us by the kind Stan K. who graciously transported her from Minnesota to us in a snowstorm. Zoe is a very petite girl who is camel and white. She has had most of her teeth removed so her tongue hangs out of the side of her mouth. In a cute way though. Zoe will be with us for a short time before she goes to her foster home with Joan P.

Now for some bad news. In the last post I told you about the "Doggie Lama" - Lucy. Well she had had a biopsy of a lesion from the underside of her tongue during a routine dental that turned out to be cancer - fibrosacrcoma. She's in perfect health and it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all. There may be nothing that can be done because no more really can be taken out of her tongue and radiating her mouth isn't a good idea.

No comments: