Saturday, December 20, 2008

My One Month Anniversary

I know it's hard to believe, but it's been a month since Lisa & Glenn took me home. Even though I've come a long way, I have a long way to go. I'm learning how to be an iggy living in a real house with nice people and nice (most of the time) dogs.

My potty habits continue to be pretty good. I go outside to potty but mom or dad have to carry me out there because I don't care much for winter (and I can't go down stairs yet). Especially when it's windy out. I'm learning that if I just get out there, do my business quickly, then I get back in front of the warm radiator fast. Wendy had started to train me to use a piddle pad and it must've stuck because I sometimes go to my ex-pen area, where there is a piddle pad, and use that. Foster mom is very happy that I don't potty other places in the house.

I love to eat and I'm usually starving in the morning when I first get up. Foster mom is being careful to not overfeed me so I won't get fat. I'm at a good weight now. I'm still have some fear issues and I haven't been taking treats from anyone's hand. I don't like to be picked up still and sometimes I'll pee out of fear. Once I am picked up I am pretty relaxed and will sleep on the people. I sleep reliably in my crate and will only rarely potty in there.

I'm more curious about my surroundings and I'm roaming around the house more. I have learned to go up the stairs to the second floor and sometimes I'll do that when the gate is left down and no one is looking.

My biggest issue continues to be my fear. It's not really shyness - it's fear. I will run away when people approach me and I won't come when called. The foster parents have been having people over and bringing me to the foster grandparents but I'm slow getting over this. If you have any suggestions as to what I can do to get over this please leave a comment.

No comments: