Saturday, December 6, 2008

Week 2 - So good so far!







It's been one week since I blogged last. Nothing earthshattering this week unless you are the type of "dog nut" that gets excited when a dog poops outside for the first time! Yup....I pooped outside, IN THE SNOW, this week!! The foster parents were so excited. So excited that I thought they were going to take a picture of it. Fortunately for all of you they didn't.



My stomach has been good. I'm very hungry, especially in the morning, when I first get up. I think what ever I had is gone now. I have to start taking clindamycin tomorrow in preparation for my dental next Wednesday. I finished the other antibiotic I was on.

So let's see, what else happened this week..oh ya..I found my voice and have been barking. Foster dad leaves me in my crate in the morning while he gets the other dogs settled and then he takes me out. Well I don't like to be left in my crate so I've started barking when he leaves me in there. It's not a bark like the other iggys - more like a hound dog bark. Foster mom says that it'll become more like an iggy as time goes on.

My favorite thing to do is to lay on the pillow by the radiator (see pictures). I like to spend most of my day there. In fact if mom and dad put me in the ex-pen I'll get bratty and bite and pull at the gate so I can get to MY pillow.

I'm still very skittish around people. I will run when approached and cower when reached for. I don't fight when I'm held and I will sleep in their lap once I'm there. I just don't like to get there. Others in rescue say that puppy mill dogs, like me, cower when reached for because nothing good ever became of being picked up at a puppy mill.

I went to the foster grandparent's house for an afternoon this week. Mom says I need alot of socialization so they are taking me to new places. I had a fun afternoon with Molly and laying on the couch.

No comments: