Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 7 - One step forward




Hi everybody!
I"m having a good day so far today. I was hungry this morning and ate breakfast heartily!! In fact I was begging dad to feed me when I woke up. I was hanging around the kitchen giving him my "sad eye" look so he would feed me early. I couldn't wait for dinner time. I like the wet food but I don't care much for the kibble. I'm much more perky. I've been walking around the house on my own and sleeping with the people. I'm good with the antibiotics and have been drinking water.

So today is my one week anniversary here. It's been an eventful week and I'm hoping that next week will be better.

Foster mom & dad got more info on me today. I did live in a small chicken-wire enclosure where I could not stand up all the way and that makes me stand a little funny now. It's like I'm crouching down a little. Dr. Mead said that my hip joints are O.K. though. I have callouses and scars on my back legs from being in the cage as well. I was filthy dirty when Wendy got me but I was so scared she could only wipe me down with a washcloth. I was so, so scared. I would bite, and kick, and poop, and pee whenever someone tried to pick me up. I bet the foster parents are happy that I'm not like that anymore.

No comments: