Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 1 - First day home.

My name is Violet, actually I don't think I really had a name but Violet is the name that my new foster parents gave me. Two weeks ago I was in a puppy mill in Missouri. I was rescued by an all-breed rescue group in Illinois who cared for me for two weeks while they worked to find a place for me in Italian Greyhound Rescue. I have been very scared and bewildered. I was taken out of the only enviroment I knew and was brought to a strange house with strange smells and strange people and strange dogs. Wendy took very good care of me there even though I don't know what's going on. Thank you Wendy for taking me in and saving my life.

A very nice lady named Cari came and got me and I spent Saturday night at her house with her iggys. Cari gave me chicken and it was delicious!!! The next day Cari brought me to another nice lady named Sue who drove me to Fond du lac, Wisconsin where my foster parents picked me up. Thank you Cari and Sue for helping me when I could not help myself.

My foster parents house is full of iggys. I have two new foster brothers; Sidney and Dinky and two foster sisters; Maxie and Lucy. They don't pay much attention to me yet. I spent the few hours before bedtime exploring the house and sitting in foster mom's lap - I love to be held! I didn't get any human attention in Missouri and it sometimes feels strange but I love to have my ears scratched!! I saw my reflection today for the first time and I thought it was another dog and foster mom laughed when I bumped my head against the glass because I didn't know it was me. I have never lived in a house so I don't know how to use the stairs, how to jump up onto and off stuff, or all the other stuff iggys do.

Foster mom put me into a nice warm, comfy crate and I slept all night.

Foster mom gave me a bath this morning and I didn't care much for that all :( I've never been in in a bathtub but foster mom kept me calm and cleaned me up real good. She also clipped my very long nails. The ones in the back were so long that it hurt for me to walk on them. It feels much better now. I still feel very uncomfortable with all the new stuff here but I do like my foster mom and I'll wag may tail at her once in awhile. They have good food here and I ate all of my breakfast. My foster brothers and sisters go potty outside, even if it's snowing, and if they can do it then I can do it too.

I have to see the doctor next Monday :(

No comments: