Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 4 - Happy Thanksgiving!!!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! This is my first thanksgiving that's going to be happy and I'm looking forward to many more!!

I'm feeling somewhat better. My diarrhea has stopped but I still don't feel much like eating. I slept good and I've been a little more active today.

I have so much to be thankful for and so many wonderful people to to thank, so here goes...

First of all I am thankful for Wendy K. of Spencer Animal Rescue who was the first to get me and took such wonderful care of me. Thanks to all the volunteers of SAR who work tirelessly and selflessly to care for animals in need.

Next I would like to thank (again) Cari B. and Sue H. who took time out their weekend to drive around Illinois and Wisconsin (at your own expense) to transport me so I could go home with my foster family. Thank you for your all your kindness and dedication.

I also want to thank Kim B. who helped to cooridnate the transport and who first told Glenn & Lisa about me. Kim has been a neverending source of both inspiration and assistance for Glenn & Lisa. I have to also thank all of the volunteers with Italian Greyhound Rescue. They give generously of their time (and money) to help all the iggys that need help. Thank you to all the IG rescue supporters that have donated time, money, and supplies over the years. It's these simple acts of generosity that allows the rescue volunteers to keep doing what they do.

I am thankful for all the rescue groups, Humane Societys, the ASPCA, shelters, and individuals that rescue, care for, and adopt out dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, turtles, etc.. What wonderful work you all do. As someone once said "Saving the life of one animal won't change theworld, but the world will certainly change for that one animal."

Thank you to my foster brothers and sisters; Maxie, Lucy, Sidney, & Dinky. My foster parents do alot but it's you guys that will really do the work of teaching me to be an iggy.

And to my foster parents, Lisa & Glenn, I may act timid and shellshocked but I appreciate your neverending patience and love.

Happy Thanksgiving all....if you have a pet give him or her a big hug and kiss for me.

No comments: