Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!


Merry Christmas everybody!
Today is my first xmas out of the puppy mill and I'm soooooo happy! I have a warm bed to sleep in, nice fluffy pillows to lay on, a warm radiator to nap by, delicious food, and foster brothers that like to sleep by me. Mom and dad are taking good care of me even if I have a hard time showing it.

I have good days and not-so-good days. I like to have my foster brothers and sisters around and when they're not I will start barking. When the come downstairs in the morning I'm so happy to see them that I run around wagging my tail. It's clear that I don't know how to play like other iggys. My foster brother Dinky tries to get me to play but I don't know what to do. There wasn't much joy or playfulness being in a wire cage so I never learned to play with other dogs. Sometimes I let my foster parents lay by me and approach me other times I don't. They're very patient with me.

I want to tell you about my foster brother Dinky. Dinky is one of the Wisconsin 57, which was a small house where 57 dogs lived without ever going outside. The house was so bad that it was condemned and destroyed after the dogs were taken out. There were dead dogs in the house and in the pool in the back yard. The floors were rotting from years of urine soaking through them. Some of the dogs were confined in crates in a damp basement and they had never seen the light of day. Those people appear to have been trying to breed Chi hua huas with Italian Greyhounds creating a very small iggy which is sometimes called a "chiggy". Well the product of that breeding is very cute - I must say! When Dinky was rescued he was originally going to be euthanized because he was a fear biter. Thankfully Carol S. (of IG rescue Wisconsin) took him into foster care. He's pretty much over his fear and now he thinks he's the alpha dog in this little pack. Mom and dad got him in June of this year. Dinky is very mischievious and he keeps mom and dad on their toes. He's always getting into something. The Chi hua hua side of his personality is that he only likes his people and no one else. Iggys are often standoffish at first but will warm up fairly quickly but not Dinky. He's been around the grandparents for 6 months and just recently he'll let granny pet him. They certainly cannot pick him up and he won't come to them.

This is Dinky's first xmas out of the horrible conditions he was in too.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: